Creative Questions to break the ice!
Right, picture this! You have just arrived at the venue for a single's event. You have been greeted by the host and have been told that the event will start soon so hang around. You are super nervous and you are not sure whether you should go to the bar first and get a drink first or stay standing near the entrance and look pleased. What do you do??
The best thing to start doing if you find yourself getting into an 'awkward' state is to approach someone who's also there at the event and start chatting. Get the conversation flowing with some of these ice-breakers. I guarantee you in no time, you will feel more comfortable about being there and most importantly, present.
1. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go?
2. What would constitute a ‘perfect’ day for you?
3. Given the choice of anyone in the world, dead or alive, whom would you have as a dinner guest?
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
5. Where are you from originally? Share with me one interesting fact about your home town.
6. Which is more important: what you say or how you say it?
7. Do you have a go-to drink?
8. What’s your favourite thing to do around Melbourne?
9. What’s the number one important quality you look for in a significant other?
10. What part of your culture are you most proud of?
11. What’s one thing that you’re looking forward to next week?
12. What do you value most in a friendship?